To hands-on backup and recovery solutions, I’ve downloaded Veeam Availability Suite from Veeam’s website, and want to install and test the enterprise level product, and as a blogger, I feel that I should further explore this awesome product and share my opinion with the world.
In this post, I’m just going to share an overview about Veeam’s latest availability suite v9.5 for enterprise setups.
Veeam is a software company headquarter in Baar, Switzerland with 255,000+ customers, 47,000 ProPartners, and 14,300 VCSP Partners that develops backup, disaster recovery and virtualization management solutions for VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments. The company have awards winning products that increase the resistance of virtualized workloads, reduce downtime, and ensure the system availability required by service-level agreements.
Veeam Availability Suite v9.5 combines the industry-leading backup, restore and replication capabilities of Veeam Backup & Replication with the advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning functionality of Veeam ONE for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments providing with a high Availability data center functionality through the following capabilities:
- High Speed Recovery
- Data Loss Avoidance
- Verified recoverability
- Leveraged Data, and
- Complete Visibility
Tolga Aşık, a Data Center Infrastructure Specialist from Mercedes-Benz Türk A.Ş. says, “For Mercedes-Benz Turk IT Infrastructure and Operations Department, the team’s top priority is to ensure full time (24.7.365) availability for the datacenter services. Veeam’s contribution has not only been in backup processes; but, in their end to end solutions with an innovative approach for the always-on business. With numerous and inventive data recovery options, Veeam provided Mercedes-Benz Turk with the ability to reduce hours of data recovery to minutes. One of Veeam’s intelligent features ‘file recovery’ made it possible to recover a file within few minutes.”
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 provides the following features and capabilities:
Veeam Availability Suite provides rapid recovery of what you want, the way you want it, and giving you low recovery time objectives (RTOs) of less than 15 minutes. With this:
- VMs can be restored in minutes with Instant VM Recovery
- Individual files can be recovered effortlessly with Instant File-level Recovery
- Active Directory objects, entire containers, OUs and user accounts can be recovered with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
- Leverage HPE, NetApp, Dell EMC and NimbleNEWsnapshots for recovery of single files or entire VMs from storage snapshots with Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots
- Cloud restore for any Veeam backup with Direct Restore to Microsoft AzureNEW
Avoiding Data Loss
Veeam® Backup & Replication™ offers multiple backup options to ensure the fastest, most efficient backups possible. With this:
- With 2-in-1: backup and replication™, replication is possible either on site for high Availability or off site for disaster recovery.
- With Veeam Cloud Connect you can Leverage fully-integrated cloud-based disaster recovery and fast and secure cloud backup
- Backups can be created from any storage, plus ultra-fast backups from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), NetApp, Dell EMC, NimbleNEWand CiscoNEW storage snapshots
- Backups and replicas off site replicas are up to 50x faster with built-in WAN acceleration
- With Veeam’s proprietary NFS client with Direct NFS Access you can back up directly from file-based (NFS) primary storage
- With Advanced ReFS IntegrationNEW, you can shorten backup windows and reduce backup storage load and disk space consumption
Verified Recovered Data
Backup is all about recovery, with SureBackup. and SureReplica, Veeam Backup & Replication™ guarantees recovery of every file, application or virtual server, every time by running automated recovery verification jobs. With SureBackup. and SureReplica, and every backup and replica job is tested.
SureBackup, automatically verifies the recovery of every backup job every time. With SureBackup, VMs are automatically starts in an isolated Virtual Lab environment, set of tests are performed and sends a status report is sent to your mailbox.
SureReplica (currently available for VMware vSphere only), automatically tests every restore point in every VM replica, and validates data for consistency, checks replica configuration accuracy and tests it for complete reliability by running it to required restore point in an isolated Virtual Lab.
You can use backup data to create an exact copy of your production environment. Create complete, isolated copies of production from storage snapshots with On-Demand Sandbox for Storage SnapshotsENHANCED
Complete Visibility for Monitoring and Troubleshoot Performance
Veeam® offers tools for monitoring health, troubleshoot performance issues, plan and design your backup infrastructure.. With Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE, an entire virtual environment can be backed-up and controlled, and utilizing all features and capabilities of Veeam’s backup and virtualization technology, issues can be alerted before they affect virtual environment. Veeam ONE is responsible to ensure protection, performance and Availability with:
- Notifies backup and performance issues on 24×7 with real-time monitoring and alerting mechanism
- Offer deep VMware integrations with vCloud Director supportENHANCEDfor self-service tenants and a vSphere Web Client Plug-in.
Sabu Hameed, an IT Infrastructure Architect from Tata Global Beverages Limited says, “Veeam lets us proactively monitor our resources, which helps reduce risk. We can track the size of snapshots, and we can find out ahead of time if backup repositories are getting full. Veeam’s reporting capabilities are helpful, too. We can track the status of backup and verification jobs, review backup performance and map our virtual infrastructure.”
Free NFR License Keys
If you’ve one of below Certification/Award, you can receive a one-year NFR (not for resale) license for two CPU sockets for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 for VMware and Hyper-V environments. Visit this site and fill in the form on the right of the page, selecting your certification/award from the following list:
- VMUG Leader
- Cisco Champion
- PernixPro Member
And, if you do not hold any of above certification/award, you can still obtain your NFR key by selecting Other option by filling up the form.
Note: This NFR key program does not include a Veeam Cloud Connect account. Veeam Cloud Connect accounts are provided from Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners.
In my next few posts, I’ll cover how Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 install and configure. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for reading! Be social and share it to social media if you feel worth sharing it.